Thursday 18 July 2013

Cuckoo embroidery

I have just finished this embroidery, just now this minute! Took my machine out to the shed in the garden to work with the breeze keeping me cool, as it is another baking hot day! Find I am secretly wishing for a little rain?

I was so pleased by the response to The Blue Bird and now it has a new home in Bristol ... that I have dived back into my other work which has been neglected this last two years with the stitch kit business, but I think the two will compliment each other.

So here we have Cuckoo, an old shape I love but larger and with more embellishment. It is 265 mm x 165 mm and like most of my machine embroideries is made in wool, felt, silk, and old velvets and stitched in rayon thread. I may add some hand embroidery tonight.

Hope you like it ... all enquiries via here or info@nancynicholson.co.uk

machine embroidery using wool, silk, velvet

machine embroidery using wool, silk, velvet

7 comments:

  1. Love your ideas interpreted through embroidery. Term finishes tomorrow then I can start one of your kits! Thanks for the 'how to's' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous, so much fine detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Suzi, and just love your blog too ... wish I could come on one of your courses too and I still feel I am not utilizing the internet fully. But like you I love it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and lovely all in one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Cuckoo embroidery.. Love that Cuckoo and will give it a try to design this. Thank you for the inspirational ideas. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ideas interpreted through embroidery. Term finishes tomorrow then I can start one of your kits! Thanks for the 'how to's' as well.
    black cotton twill
    white cotton twill fabric

    ReplyDelete